Thursday, July 28, 2011

Red - Yes, You CAN Wear it to Work!

So, as I begin blogging again, I thought I would be easy on myself, and work on a different color and how to "werk" it and look beautiful at work.

I previously talked about the Little Black Dress, and realized that so many people stick with their basic color scheme, and what they think looks best on them. I am not excluded. For years, I refused to buy anything red, because I was scared I would look like a hussy. But, I realize, red is a color that can be vibrant, youthful, and can really make a girl stand out in a boring crowd.

In my ease into a bold red, I thought I would purchase a red shoe (who doesn't love a red shoe?). I figured, how hard can it be to wear red? So, I purchased the cutest red shoes:

Now, this is totally out of my comfort zone, so I will keep the dress simple, and wear something like:


Red dresses are totally appropriate for the office IF you downplay the accessories and wear a conservative length and a great pair of nude pumps/sandals/flats (metallic works too):





Not feeling the red dress? Still nervous? Ok, ok. Check out the red accessories you can pair with a basic dress:




I think I am in love with red now. Happy Planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment